This post will be updated as new information is released (UPDATED – 19/10/2020)
Further easing of restrictions announced by the Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews have come into effect as of 12 am Monday the 19th of October.
During his Sunday afternoon press conference, the Premier revealed further easing of restrictions for the Real Estate Industry, including allowing inspections and auctions for private and commercial property sales, display homes and rentals, as well as access to properties for marketing purposes including photography, videography and styling.
The existing rules for those looking to buy property (in both Metro and Regional Victoria) are outlined below:
– You can attend a pre-arranged residential private property or display home inspection.
– Inspections must be pre-arranged, limited to 15 minutes and are subject to other restrictions and requirements.
– You must keep the time you are away from home to no more than two hours.
– You are not permitted to travel to regional Victoria to attend a private property inspection if you live in metropolitan Melbourne. You can travel more than 5km from your home within metropolitan Melbourne. (source)
– If you live in regional Victoria you are not permitted to travel to metropolitan Melbourne for a property inspection or auction.
– Only one agent and one prospective purchaser or tenant can attend an inspection.
– You can attend an inspection with your intimate partner or other household members.
– If you have dependents, they can attend the inspection with you. You should maintain physical distancing and face masks must be worn at all times, unless a lawful exception applies. (source)
The next scheduled announcement for any further easing of restrictions is two weeks from now on Sunday, 1st of November 2020).
The Victorian property industry has been given some good news, with Premier Daniel Andrews announcing an accelerated easing of restrictions ahead of better than expected COVID-19 numbers.
As of 12 AM Monday 28th September, visits to the following are permitted by appointment only, with one agent and one prospective purchaser:
– Display homes
– Land sales offices and sales suites
– Open for inspections
Further rules outlining more details of the easing of these restrictions are expected to be released over the next 48 hours by the Chief Health Officer.
The construction industry was also given promising news with easing of restrictions on construction sites as of today including:
– Large scale construction projects: Workforce limit can increase to 85% of the baseline workforce or 15 workers
– Small scale construction projects: Specialist contractors can move up to five sites per week, with a maximum of two sites per day.
– Early-stage land development projects: Density restrictions will ease, allowing 20 workers per hectare
Book a Display Visit Today!
Now is the perfect time to book a visit to a display home. Visit any listing on our website and you’ll see an orange button that will allow you to easily schedule a visit.
We are here to help! If you have any questions about booking a display visit or finding the right builder, speak to one of our property consultants to guide you through the process.
- We’ll ask the right questions to better understand your needs
- We’ll create a recommended shortlist ideally matched to you
- We’ll answer specific questions or concerns related to home building, land purchasing or financing