Celebrate this joyous occasion with a warm and inviting Christmas table. Bring out your finest glassware, table linen and cutlery to create a striking table setting to host your family and friends and showcase your cooking skills! Cover image: Freedom
1. Work out your theme – If you already have your Christmas tree decorations set up, stick to the same theme and colour palette for a sense of coherence.
2. Layer the table – use placements, table runners and tablecloth to add interest, then throw in some flowers, greenery or found branches to create different heights.
Tip: Textured natural linen for tablecloth and runner is versatile and suitable for Australian Christmas.
3. Design your centrepiece – there are so many ways you can go about this without breaking the bank, such as using tall glass vases and fill them with colourful baubles or making origami Christmas trees.
Tip: Try wrapping fairy lights around the cake stand, it looks magical at night.
4. Make it personable – let your guests feel welcomed with place cards.
5. Keep it simple – Don’t overcomplicate or crowd the table, leave plenty of room for platters of amazing food.