There is no way around it. Every builder you speak to will have something different to offer. Whether they have great inclusions, low base rates or fantastic extras, you will have to navigate through all the variations to find a builder that has everything that you require. This is typically a complicated process, compiling all the information and then comparing it, despite it rarely being truly like for like.
The great thing about using iBuildNew to compare builders or developers is that you are able to compare the SAME information SIDE-BY-SIDE. No more spreadsheets, trying to maintain and complicated matrix or a myriad of notes! By using the iBuildNew comparison function you can quickly and efficiently compare homes or packages right down to the level of inclusions within a home that are important to you.
If you would prefer to speak with an expert however, you can have a quick chat with one of our expert consultants who can guide you, using a short brief to match you with builders or developers who have exactly what you need. Our consultants have been working in the industry for decades and know what each builder or developer have to offer, and what they can and can’t do depending on your location, type and shape of land (if you already own land), budget and level of modifications and customisation your may require.
How Does www.ibuildnew.com.au Work?
- Simply type in the location you are planning to build in. If you are not yet set on this leave the field blank and click search to browse builders and developers across your state. From the left hand picker, select if you are searching for house designs, house and land packages, land or land estates, investment properties or where you can find a display home to visit.
If you have a question you can have a chat to one of our online consultants who can answer your queries in real time. They are not robots, they are real people and they will be able to navigate you to where you want to be, and answer basic questions you may have about home building. Simply click on the “Live Chat” tab on the right hand side.
- Filter your options so that you only see the house designs or packages that will work for you. You can filter out small or large houses, house designs with the incorrect number of bedrooms or bathrooms, or houses without the features you need, such as an alfresco. Click “More Filters” to narrow your search even more.
- Compare side by side to get the best understanding about what each house design or package, builder and developer can offer you. If you simply click on the “Compare” icon at each design that jumps out to you, you will then be able to see them all in one place.
- When you can finally see the list of your favourite shortlisted house designs or packages, you should look at their features and inclusions side by side. This can be a tricky process without all of the information compiled in one place on www.ibuildnew.com.au. It is important to keep an eye out for some commonly mistaken inclusions/exclusions.
- Flooring throughout the entire house: Often the only included flooring will be in bathrooms or the kitchen
- Benchtops within the kitchen: Are they laminate or reconstituted stone, which can vary greatly from builder to builder
- Driveway: This is normally excluded from the base price but from time to time some builders will include a concrete driveway
- Internet/phone points: If this is an important feature for you make sure that you know if it is included or will cost you an additional fee.
- Permits & testing: There are many different aspects to this sections, however, just make sure that you understand what is an additional cost so you are prepared and budget enough.
- It is important that you do compare the inclusions and exclusions that every house design and builder provide. This traditionally has been a very difficult and lengthy process, with every builder or developer having different packages. However, to simplify the process, we have created a concise and easy to use list of all the inclusions and exclusions. Simply click on the purple ‘inclusions/ options’ button and navigate down to see what is available for each house down.
If you have any questions related to the home building process, including finding the correct house plan, builder or developer, then don’t hesitate to call us on 1800 184 284 or book a call online at a time that suits you.
Latest posts by Zoe Langenberg (see all)
- Queensland First Home Builders’ Grant Revised To $15,000 - July 31, 2018
- Should You Build a New Home or Purchase a House and Land Package? - July 26, 2018
- Simple House Design | Building Design Features That Don’t Date - July 26, 2018