iBuildNew® Australia Pty Ltd ACN 604 058 415 (referred
to as iBuildNew ,
we , us or our) has implemented this
about how we collect, hold and use Personal Information you provide to us. If you wish
Officer in any of the ways specified in paragraph 9.
From time to time, iBuildNew may be related to other entities (related entities) and this
our related entities.
account new laws, regulations, practices and technology. All Personal Information held
- What Personal Information do we collect?
- " Personal Information" is information or an opinion,
or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an
individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- Personal Information collected may include (but is not limited to) the
- name and email address;
- Australian Business Number;
- age range;
- contact details including telephone numbers (landline and
- family income range;
- your home or land ownership status and buying cycle status;
- geographic locations in which you are looking for land; and
- other information regarding your buying status, such as whether
finance arranged and the level of savings you have for a new
- When and why we collect Personal Information
- We collect your Personal Information to allow us to conduct our
to market and sell our products and services and for the specified
purposes set out
in paragraph 4.1.
- We may collect your Personal Information in the course of providing you
or services, or when you:
- visit our Website (see paragraph 3);
- register for or use an account or subscription package on our
- buy our products or services;
- request information about us, our products or our services;
- provide feedback;
- fill in a form on our Website;
- submit a job application to us; or
- contact us by telephone, fax, email, post or in person.
- Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation
to the same
matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each
engage with you.
- Information collected via our Website
- Personal information may be collected by us and by our third party
providers who assist us in operating the Website.
- We use Google Analytics to help analyse how you use our Website. Google
generates statistical and other information about website use by means
which are stored on users' computers. Google will store this
- If you do not want your Website visit data reported by Google
Analytics, you can
install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on
and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out
Click Stream Data
- In common with many websites, when you read, browse or download
our Website, we or our internet service provider may also collect
as the date, time and duration of a visit, the pages accessed, the IP
your computer, and any information downloaded. This information may be
statistical, reporting and website administration, maintenance and
- Like many websites, our Website may use 'cookies' from time to time.
small text files that are transferred to a user's computer hard drive by
for the purpose of storing information about a user's identity, browser
website visiting patterns. Cookies may be used on our Website to monitor
traffic, for example the time of visit, pages visited and some system
about the type of computer being used. We use this information to
content and services offered on our Website.
- Cookies are sometimes also used to collect information about what pages
and the type of software you are using. If you access our Website or
an email we send you, a cookie may be downloaded onto your computer's
- Cookies may also be used for other purposes on our Website but in each
case none of
the information collected can be used to personally identify you.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all
cookies, or notify
you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the
"Help" menu of
your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
cookies from our Website or linked sites then you may not be able to
gain access to
all of the content and facilities in those websites.
- Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track
activities. We may use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of
accessing our Website.
Third party content (eg social media links)
- Some of the content on our Website includes applications made available
parties, such as social media buttons or links that allow you to share
links to our Website through the relevant third party platforms. These
applications themselves may facilitate collection of information by
parties, through your interaction with the applications and sometimes
even if you do
not interact directly with them. We are not responsible for the
of these applications or the collection and use practices of the
parties. Please visit the relevant third party websites to understand
practices and options they may make available to you in relation to
of your Personal Information.
- How we use your Personal Information
- We use the Personal Information we collect about you for our business
activities, which may include the following:
- when you have expressed an interest in a particular house or
builder or have requested through the Website that a particular
contact you about your enquiries, to provide your Personal
the builder to enable the builder to understand your preferences
contact or communicate with you in relation to that matter;
- to otherwise communicate with you and provide you with
or services you have requested;
- to assist users and customers by providing them with information
- to manage and administer any account you may hold with us on the
- to promote and market our products and services to you or
provide you with
information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about products or services you
interested in from us, participating builders, and our partners;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our Website;
- to help us research the needs of our users and customers and to
market our products and services, or to create new products or
with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of
- if you are a personnel of a third party with whom we engage in
as part of
our business, to communicate with you about your or that third
engagement with us and otherwise as specified in this Privacy
- to provide you with ongoing information that we believe you may
interested in receiving; and
- to allow us to provide advertising material to you regarding us,
and other partners.
- You consent to us using your Personal Information in the above ways.
- We may collect and use your Personal Information for other purposes not
above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect
or use your
We do not otherwise collect, use or disclose your Personal
your permission, unless the collection, use or disclosure is:
enter into with
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the
Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
If you choose not to provide your Personal Information to us for the
functionality of the Website. If you only provide the minimum
details on the Website, you may need to provide further information
directly to the particular builder in order for the builder to
- To whom we disclose your Personal Information
iBuildNew may disclose, or provide access to, your personal
information to third
parties in connection with the purposes described in paragraph 4.1.
the nature of your engagement with us, we may disclose your Personal
- participating builders;
- ur related entities;
- third parties that provide products and services to us or
through us; or
- other third parties.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to our website host
application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example
Website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it
operates in an
effective and secure manner.
- Some of your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, processed
overseas by us or by third party service providers. This may happen if
entities are overseas, if we outsource certain activities overseas or if
transactions, information, services or products have an overseas
consent to the collection, use, storage, and processing of your Personal
outside of Australia.
- You consent to us using your Personal Information for sending you
including promotional material, about us or our products and services,
as well as
the products and services of selected participating builders, our
and third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending
information by email. You can contact us by logging into your account on
and editing your email preferences or by using the contact details
paragraph 9 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
- Accessing and updating your Personal Information
- You are entitled to access Personal Information that we hold about you.
request access to your Personal Information, in ordinary circumstances
we will give
you full access to your Personal Information. However, there may be some
administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to
Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
- You can access and correct some of your Personal Information through
the Website by
logging into your account and updating or editing your profile at any
Alternatively a request for access can be made by contacting our Privacy
any of the ways specified in paragraph 9.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we
use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us in this, you need
true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as
properly update the information provided to us to keep it true,
and complete. Please contact us in any of the ways specified in
paragraph 9 if you
believe that the Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, and
we will use
all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
- Storage and security of Personal Information held by us
- We aim to keep your Personal Information secure. Any Personal
Information that is
collected via our Website or which is held on our computer systems is
safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryption etc)
- What to do if you have a question, problem or complaint about our use of
- If you:
Information handling processes;
- wish to make a complaint in relation to a breach of your
- would like to access your Personal Information held by us;
- would like to opt out of direct marketing; or
- would like to correct your Personal Information held by us,
please contact our Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
If you have a complaint regarding your privacy, please send your
complaint to us
in writing via mail or email using the contact details above. Our
team will review and investigate your complaint (including following
up with you
and internal escalation of the complaint, depending on the
a reasonable period of time of receiving the complaint, and will
notify you of
the outcome of our investigation.
Last updated September, 2017