Modern homes come with a wide variety of features that make them more comfortable and convenient to live in. One of the highly-praised innovations integrated in today’s houses is smart glass. Smart glass windows, for example, are switchable windows that can change their opacity when voltage, heat, and light are applied. This innovation is powered by different kinds of technology, including electrochromic, thermochromic, photochromic, and polymer dispersed liquid crystal devices.
Smart glass can be controlled by the use of a switch or a mobile app. They can also be programmed to automatically adjust with the sun’s movement. They can create climate-adaptive building shells, which can save costs for heating, air-conditioning, lighting, and installing blinds and curtains. Depending on the position and location of the switchable glass you have installed, it can also block up to 99% of ultraviolet light for your peace of mind.
Switchable glass panels and windows vary in design and purpose. They can come in bespoke sizes and shapes, making them ideal for creating glass walls for bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens. Aside from serving as windows, smart glass can also be used as doors, roof panels, and partition screens.
The Benefits of Installing a Smart Glass in Your Home
Switchable glass offers a lot of advantages:
- Smart glass windows let you enjoy a clear, relaxing view of your garden or neighbourhood without the harsh glare of the sun, which can cause eye strain. You can control smart glass with the use of a remote switch or a mobile app, so you can easily adjust the amount of light that passes through. Plus, you can program the glass to automatically activate tint whenever the sun is up and whenever it changes its position.
- With a smart glass window, you don’t need to install blinds or curtains, helping you save money. It also minimises the cleaning task you will be doing at home. Since a smart glass is installed where blinds and curtains are typically installed, cleaning of curtains will be cut for good.
- An electric frosted glass doesn’t only serve as a screen partition for privacy. It can also be used as a projection screen for high-definition home movie viewing when you switch the glass to its opaque or translucent state.
- Switchable glass can be upgraded with a resistance barrier to protect against burglary.
- Aside from installing a resistant switch glass in your home, anti-microbial features can also be applied to your switchable glass. This prevents the accumulation and spread of bacteria from your bathroom or kitchen to other rooms, such as the baby nursery
Because smart glass is used to block heat and light during the day, you can expect to cut down your electricity expenses. Instead of using electricity to power light bulbs during the day, you can just use switchable glass to let sunlight in and illuminate the room without overheating the space.
iBuildNew Can Help You Build a Smart Home
At iBuildnew, our highly knowledgeable and trustworthy experts in real estate development can help you achieve your home building goals. Our company offers innovative, state-of-the-art house plans that will guide you in constructing a house that offers maximum convenience. Through our platform, you can also connect with highly skilled and experienced builders who will make your dream home a reality. The value you place on home elegance and quality makes us excited and motivated to stay up-to-date with the modern trends.
If you want to have your home built with smart glass windows and integrate other smart home technology, we can definitely help you. Just give us a call on 1800 184 284 or book a call online